COMMITMENT TO HEALTH, SAFETY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
Ocean Gear Inc. is committed to the protection of the environment and the health and safety of its employees, from any hazards associated with work being performed by the company both on the company’s premises and when working off-site. We believe excellence in Health, Safety and Environmental practices is vital to the well being of our employees, customers and all other businesses and organizations we deal with.
The following principles guide and measure our company goals and objectives in Health, Safety and Environment:
• Conduct our business so it meets or exceeds all applicable laws and regulations and minimizes risk to our employees, the public and the environment
• Committed to continuously improving our Health, Safety and Environment performance
• Continually promote employee safety on and off the job
• Believe all occupational injuries and illnesses are preventable
• Respect the diverse environments and cultures in which we operate
• Endeavor to do business with companies and contractors that share our Health, Safety and Environment commitment
• Regularly assess our performance and that of our business partners
• Encourage reporting of all Health, Safety and Environment related hazards, potential hazards, incidents and near-misses.
Ocean Gear Inc. will continue its commitment to the principles stated above through a process of continuous improvement and working together with all stakeholders.
Ocean Gear Inc. and its employees put Safety First and are in good standing with the Workers' Compensation Board of Nova Scotia.